article thumbnail

Counting On ‘Social Capital’: The New Way To Evaluate Entrepreneurial Worth

YoungUpstarts

Even if we are fortunate enough to have the time to converse one-on-one, face-to-face, most of our interactions with each other have some element of digitization. For the last two years the company has been measuring and scoring the social capital of entrepreneurs in Kigali, Rwanda. The team at kountable believes it can.

Rwanda 100
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: GoTech Puts Out Fires

Austin Startup

Based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as well as Rwanda, GoTech is resolved to develop, design and implement solutions to help communities respond to fire. The idea is to create a network of devices, so communities can work together to snuff out a threat. Ever since then, SXSW resurfaces in so many of my conversations.

Rwanda 48
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

Here's my conversation with Tomas Pueyo. Eric Ries : I appreciate you saying that, and we should certainly reserve a moment to say thank you to all of the spouses and supportive partners that have made possible so much of this relief work that we have been talking about in this series of conversations. He was not a famous author.