article thumbnail

The Future of Entrepreneurship Hinges on Bringing People and Tech Together

ReadWriteStart

Entrepreneurship is up and down for the whole family; it’s important to create a community to support them through the big wins and devastating losses.”. The five-day Croatia Island Takeover in June takes place on a private island; the event attendees will be the only people there. Eliminating Distractions.

Croatia 104
article thumbnail

Looking Back On Our First Couple Years at NextView

Rob Go

One of the earliest things we did at NextView when my partners and I started working together was go away as a team to the New Hampshire mountains. It’s commonly said that the biggest risk facing a new VC firm is disharmony among the partners. At the time, I think we didn’t even had a name for the fund. OUR INDUSTRY.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

500 Startups unveils its Fall 2012 accelerator lineup: More international and more sh*t founders say

The Next Web

For the first time, it partnered with AngelList to help create an open application process. Not bad considering that founding partner Dave McClure has been adamant about supporting non-US startups and recently acquired the Mexican.VC accelerator and brought on two venture partners to help oversee its India investments.

Founder 136
article thumbnail

Our 7 favorite startups from the Wayra London 2013 demo day

The Next Web

Alongside the likes of Accel Partners, Balderton Capital, EC1 Capital and Passion Capital, TNW spent the evening at Wayra London to bring you our favorites. In finding that solution, his team created iHelp – a community driven emergency network. It also has a map of known defibrillator locations.

Croatia 147
article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Also, he is now one of the owners of Buggati, which is a huge success for an entrepreneur from such a small country as Croatia. They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 4- FUBU's Daymond John.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I am yet to be able to contribute venture capital and prioritize shifting the gender gap through funding, but what I can do right now is provide accessible business education and community to give women in business in Australia a better chance at success. Thanks to David Zhang, Kate Backdrop ! #4- Thanks to Michael Dent, What Man and Van !

Croatia 127