article thumbnail

Insights from the Most Active Investor in Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The company is known as the most active investor in Silicon Valley. As for the output: you’re becoming customers of startups, you’re co-developing ideas, you’re investing, and you’re acquiring with the startup community. The post Insights from the Most Active Investor in Silicon Valley appeared first on ReadWrite.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

It’s stocked with free food, drinks and wifi but the real reason you want to be there is because we’ve curated all of the top entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators at SXSW and invited them to stop by. Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. or maybe just #GrumpyCat.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introducing Gotham Voices: An Email Newsletter for NY Tech

View from Seed

TL;DR: We’re launching a newsletter highlighting the best content from the NYC tech community. As a seed-focused venture firm with offices in New York and Boston, we believe there’s a responsibility for us to not just be participants in the local entrepreneurial community, but also contributors to it. Subscribe to Gotham Voices.

Email 185
article thumbnail

5 myths about the marketplace that mobile strategies busted

The Next Web

“How do we design and build a world-class mobile experience that not only satisfies the needs of our users, but fuels growth and inspires more people to join the Airbnb global community? Myth #2: You can bolt on community, once the commerce engine is going. It all starts with culture. “By

Mobile 136
article thumbnail

Open Source Entrepreneurship

Steve Blank

One of the great things about being a retired entrepreneur is that I get to give back to the community that helped me. If you’re building a startup, the Startup Tools tab on the top of this page has curated links to hundreds of startup resources. Visitors Guide to Silicon Valley. Secret History of Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

The Innovation Insurgency Scales – Hacking For Defense (H4D)

Steve Blank

Hacking for Defense is a battle-tested problem-solving methodology that runs at Silicon Valley speed. Teach Department of Defense /Intelligence Community sponsors how to deliver problems to these schools and how to get the most out of student teams. We just held our first Hacking for Defense Educators Class with 75 attendees.

article thumbnail

Why You Should Embrace Opposing Views at Your Startup

Both Sides of the Table

What a great way for a guy like me stuck in the 90′s on music to get curated music while I do other stuff. ” I loved the IM’ing with the crowd and the sense of community. It’s just a fad propped up by the Silicon Valley elite marketing machine.” I got sucked in two nights in a row past 2am.

Startup 313