article thumbnail

Building Strong Local Communities

Version One Ventures

We at Version One are becoming increasingly convinced that stronger local communities can help solve many of the problems we are currently facing. Second, they need a community leader who will take the initiative to find a solution. Several tools already exist to help local communities become stronger. Is our neighbourhood safe?

Community 114
article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

Our current work with NAAAP focuses on developing a platform that encourages the growth of Asian-American thought leadership and to curate that, in order to create pathways and provide value to companies. An example of this would be NAAAPtv, a platform that provides unique pathways for growth for Asian- American professionals.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

IGNITE! pitch event at Microsoft – September 4

David Teten

A place for geeks to share what they’ve done, who they did it with and connect with great companies and communities. In Geeklist we provide the global developer community a place to get credit where credit is due. A news curation dashboard for teams and organizations. We change that. Completely. Welcome to the virtual mall.

Curation 114
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). asymmetry, real-time, curated RSS / link-sharing]. What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks?

article thumbnail

Developing a Social Media Marketing Strategy that Builds Loyalty and Awareness

ConversionXL

In this article, we’ll look at how the social media landscape has evolved, and what you can do to grow your presence and create a community of loyal fans. What does a good social media strategy look like? Recent years have changed social media for better and worse. Create and curate content that engages your audience.

article thumbnail

The Collaborative Web: Github is the New Flickr

This is going to be BIG.

The collaborative web arrived after the social web hit a tipping point. That is the very month that Facebook became the largest social network, outpacing MySpace. The idea of working together in communities to share best practices around creation has inspired companies that get people doing stuff like Makerbot and Windowfarms.

Web 127
article thumbnail

Making the NYC Community Smaller

This is going to be BIG.

When I was in college, at Fordham''s scenic Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, I deeply rooted into my community. Being intensely involved in community life there made the campus seem small and familiar. It was a time before the widespread use of social networks, obviously. If we had 15 people with us, it was a lot.

Community 116