article thumbnail

Leadership is More Than a Memo

Steve Blank

I just read Brotopia: Breaking Up the Boys’ Club of Silicon Valley. While Silicon Valley has grown to have global influence, in many ways the cultural leadership from the venture community has dramatically shrunk in the last decade. Yes, in the dim past of Silicon Valley the execs really wore suits.).

article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

Silicon Valley is a very special place – the nucleus of high-growth, high technology entrepreneurship in the US, indeed, in the world. The Valley produces world-class entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists and successful high-tech companies – all growing and creating jobs on one relatively small peninsula.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The Internet might be truly global then, but the world of startups still revolves much around Silicon Valley. The old continent often looks up to the Valley as a sort of Eldorado of IT. Silicon Valley is a hub. Silicon Valley is an unfair advantage for startups. A trader on Wall St. Down to Earth.

article thumbnail

Insights from the Most Active Investor in Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The company is known as the most active investor in Silicon Valley. As for the output: you’re becoming customers of startups, you’re co-developing ideas, you’re investing, and you’re acquiring with the startup community. The Deal Flow Session. The model that’s worked consistently is the deal flow session.

article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

I find that one of my best sources of deal flow is from lawyers. Right sized : I tried to work with one of the best known firms in Silicon Valley. My piddly little funding deal was dwarfed in comparison to the huge M&A deals they were negotiating. I know Mike Lincoln in Washington DC does.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Investors And Incubators Need To Look At Pre-Incubation

ReadWriteStart

One theme seems to come up over and again, especially from geographies outside Silicon Valley: lack of a reliable pipeline of deals. On July 1, 2006, commenting on the Indian startup scenario, I had written a blog post called Too Much Money, Too Few Deals. She is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and strategy consultant.

Incubator 128
article thumbnail

Investors! Join Me On An Epic 3 Day Roadshow Across the Great State of Texas

Austin Startup

You should come along for the ride if you are interested in investing more in Texas technology and disruptive commerce companies and want to develop relationships with local investors who can be your deal flow. a lot of them are moving here from Silicon Valley! Venture Capitalists and Family Offices from around the U.S.

Texas 50