article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

It’s the basis for much of modern design. ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded.

Naming 146
article thumbnail

GFi Working With Universities, Manufacturers, and Big Pharma

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Qualitative Research , Innovation Events, Training, Facilitation, and Writing: Facilitation : Marquette University is working with the Milwaukee community and Johnson Controls to innovate. This was a complex session design that achieved the goals of forming diverse teams, and improving the quality and quantity of grant proposals.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

CO Impact Days: Unicorns, Zebras, Ponies, and Donkeys

Feld Thoughts

If you are interested in impact investing, I encourage you to join the Impact Finance Center (IFC) and presenting funders The Anschutz Foundation, Zoma Foundation, The MacArthur Foundation , Colorado Health Foundation , and Gary Community Investments at CO Impact Days 2017 , Nov 15-17, in Denver, Colorado. Register as an Investor: [link].

Colorado 123
article thumbnail

Baby Steps To Breakthrough In Regional Economic Development

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

It’s about the collective creativity of the whole community. Those young entrepreneurs, designers, engineers? Richard Florida states that creative people (the definition is far broader than artists, he calls creative workers “High Bohemians”) are the foundation for economic growth.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. We really believe in the thesis of the show is that if you have a strong, small business core that any community or town can thrive. Back to Podcast. Transcript. So, let’s talk about the town.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure you have the right developer(s) on board in whatever capacity you need them, whether it’s a part time HTML or Wordpress developer or a full time PHP wiz.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I had started my freelance business under the name of Design By Vani. When my client workload started to expand and demand increased for creative graphics and web design I decided that it was time to grow the business and hire a team to help support the incoming work. Design Spinners was decided upon. Photo Credit: Simon Sharp.

Naming 75