article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Digs

The Startup Magazine

We have sent hundreds of volunteers to help communities in need, all the way from Haiti to Nepal. Our product is designed to give people a nudge in the right direction, and through using it, reach homeownership sooner than they expected. I guess it’s only fitting that Digs deals housing too.

Chad 111
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

A few years ago, the British Royal Mint crowdsourced the design of new coins. The new rupee symbol was picked from over 3,000 entries submitted in a crowdsourcing competition to design the new symbol (the winner received $5,352 in cash). Udaya Kumar, a post-graduate student submitted the winning design.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

A few years ago, the British Royal Mint crowdsourced the design of new coins. The new rupee symbol was picked from over 3,000 entries submitted in a crowdsourcing competition to design the new symbol (the winner received $5,352 in cash). Udaya Kumar, a post-graduate student submitted the winning design.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

3- Need in the autism community. My reason for starting my business is that I saw a need in the autism community for specialized and personalized care. Thanks to Balaram Thapa, Nepal Hiking Team ! #7- I believe that with hard work and dedication, I can make a positive impact in our communities and the world at large.

article thumbnail

Interview with Jesse Katz, Founder of EF Buys

Growthink Blog

We've already offered small business owners discounts on Starbucks, Moo business cards, StumbleUpon Ads, logo design, online computer backup, etc. Small business owners are very well meaning at heart, but very few business have the time or money to make a change in the community. What makes your site different?

Founder 114
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

In the fall season of 2010, as close friends, we began the process of realizing our decade-old dream of forming a professional architecture + design partnership. We want every client to feel immediate comfort when handing over their marketing and design projects to us, which is what we feel the name Squeeze Marketing represents.

Naming 133
article thumbnail

Lean Goes Better with Coke – the Future of Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

There are co-working spaces in basically every city in the world—from Nepal to New York. It only emerges after an intense business model design and search activity based on the customer development process. All of their internal systems are designed to keep doing what they’ve always done best. And why wouldn’t it be?

Lean 326