article thumbnail

What Are The Hallmarks of a Successful Nonprofit?

Board Effect

So, what can a new nonprofit board do to increase its chances of connecting with its community, and how can an established organization develop the flexibility to change direction when needed? With BoardEffect, mission-driven organizations unlock potential, accelerate mission delivery and make a lasting impact in their communities.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 146
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. We really believe in the thesis of the show is that if you have a strong, small business core that any community or town can thrive. Back to Podcast. Transcript. So, let’s talk about the town.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure someone is thinking about overarching plans around PR, marketing and sales and spends time crafting the right messages, understanding audiences and figuring out distribution channels.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Distribution. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home. Search Jobs. Add Your Resume. Featured Jobs. Newest Jobs. Job Seeker Login. Post a Job.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit www.djreprints.com. Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Journal Community. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country. So, when I was researching my book, I looked into what actually happened to the manufacturing workers in Michigan, Indiana and in the South. Almost half of them left the workforce and never worked again.