article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

Netty , Vert.x , and Java servlets are fast, but we were surprised how much faster they are than Ruby , Django , and friends. Weak performance can also cause premature scale pain, user experience degradation, and associated penalties levied by search engines. Simulating production environments. Since Vert.x

Framework 560
article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 1

TechEmpower

We have since posted a second round and third round that each include community-contributed updates. Netty , Vert.x , and Java servlets are fast, but we were surprised how much faster they are than Ruby , Django , and friends. In third place is plain Java Servlets running on Caucho''s Resin Servlet container. Since Vert.x

Framework 544
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

Saurya Velagapudi is a senior software engineer at Google, based in their Cambridge, Mass., I recently chatted with Saurya about how he approaches hiring engineers at Google and what founders can learn. NV: What are some basics you’d recommend to anyone hiring an engineer? office, right in the heart of MIT.

article thumbnail

50 Places You Can Learn to Code (for Free) Online

YoungUpstarts

University-level courses, tutorials, cheat sheets, and coding communities all offer excellent ways to pick up a new language, and maybe even a new job, too. MIT OpenCourseWare : Find more than a hundred online course materials for electrical engineering and computer science in MIT’s OpenCourseWare collection. Language Specific.

Ruby 188
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Need to Find the Best ‘Curators’

Startup Professionals Musings

Mark is a serial entrepreneur who is now active in the venture capital community for early-stage startups. He is the co-author of several books including “The Black Art of Java Game Programming.” He definitely has experience on both sides of the ‘entrepreneur versus investor’ table. Lessons Learned , by Eric Ries.

Curation 230
article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide.

Java 107
article thumbnail

250 Developers

This is going to be BIG.

The details of exactly how this was going to happen were a bit sketchy, but having a big hairy audacious goal galvanized the innovation community into achieving something spectacular. And yes, I’ve heard of the NYCEDC’s initiative to develop a new engineering and applied sciences campus.

Developer 114