article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. “…it takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. ”. The Red Queen Alice in Wonderland.

Community 212
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

After much consideration, I landed on Two Rivers – I was born in Baghdad, Iraq, the city of the two rivers, the Tigris and Euphrates. I started Walletero as an independent personal finance site offering free tools and resources. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Benjamin Ross, My Active Agent ! #14-

Naming 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After two decades of being a housewife, my husband returned from Iraq disabled, sparking a radical shift in our lifestyle. 16- Declare victory over finances. Fortunately, I was able to quickly turn my finances around and help hundreds do the same. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 13- After some life changes.

article thumbnail

Three takeaways from ATA’s lunch-and-learn with Sen. Kirk Watson

Austin Startup

Watson recapped the recent Texas legislative sessions, spoke about how Austin’s tech sector will be impacted, and gave advice about how the tech community can best engage moving forward. This has resulted in a school finance system that the Texas Supreme Court recently held barely meets minimal constitutional muster.

Texas 48
article thumbnail

6 Ways to Recruit Talent for Startups

mashable.com

Pros: There’s no registration required, and the site maintains a sizable community of experienced coders who are up for side projects. Coders can create anonymous profiles and accept solicitations to work on projects or join a team. Entrepreneurs can browse coders by skill or location. 38 New Social Media Resources You May.

Coder 60
article thumbnail

Who Will Champion Entrepreneurship?

Seeing Both Sides

In his Oval Office speech on Iraq , President Obama acknowledged his concerns about the economy and declared, “Our most urgent task is to restore our economy and put the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs back to work…We must unleash…innovation…and nurture the ideas the spring from our entrepreneurs.”.

article thumbnail

After Ringing the IPO Bell

Seeing Both Sides

Last week''s successful IPO of e-commerce giant Wayfair (market cap $3B) and this week''s impending IPO of Hubspot (if it prices in the range, market cap $600m) has many in the Boston tech community celebrating. Be clear that the end goal was never an IPO - that is merely a financing event, a means to an end. They are not alone.

IPO 39