article thumbnail

My Favorite 2014 Trend is Boomer-Millenial Partnerships

Up and Running

I see it happening, anecdotally, both around my local community in Eugene, Oregon, and around my online community in social media, LivePlan, and so forth. Financing a Business Partnerships Starting a Business 2014 small business trends smallbizlabs Steve King' I love this idea. And both generations need it.

Oregon 69
article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. The solution : Dr. Gardner plans to open Ocean Lane Outpatient Care to serve smaller Oregon coastal communities scattered outside of major towns with major hospitals.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What’s an SBDC and Why You Want to Know

Up and Running

For a class on bookkeeping, marketing, business planning, getting financed, call your nearest SBDC. That’s for questions about starting up, establishing ownership, finding financing, dealing with permits and legal requirements, even online marketing and search engine optimization. for $49-$99. I like these people.

SBA 80
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Becoming a More Customer Centric Organization

Both Sides of the Table

They attended property management association meetings in Oregon outside of the technology echo chamber of California to get a sense for people’s daily problems. But I believe that it creates an authentic relationship with your community. For me it’s more interesting to speak to their user community’s issues.

Customer 280
article thumbnail

Meet the Grand Prize Entrepreneurs of the BEC Boost

Up and Running

She sells her products in 11 stores and two restaurants in and around Oregon House, California, where Freja’s Foods currently operates. From left to right: Ken Freeman, Freja Nelson and Mike Roessler. “I did not think I would win but I was really trying to win,” Freja wrote me in an email.

article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Many people who want to start a business believe they will be able to get grants or loans to help them finance the venture. Listen with an open mind to employees, suppliers, customers, the media and members of the community. If not, the business idea is not feasible. Often this is not true. Look for common employee behaviors.

article thumbnail

An Introduction to Entrepreneurship

Up and Running

The Spring Class graduated from the course with a graduation ceremony held at the community room of a People’s Self Help Housing facility on South Higuera. The core curriculum has been taught at the University of Oregon. The fourteen-week class takes the students on the trek of writing a business plan.

Oregon 102