article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

The two companies had been working together for a while, especially as both are deeply embedded within the Ruby on Rails developer community, with a strong following for their respective offerings. Today Code Climate is announcing that they’ve raised a $2M round of financing , led by us at NextView Ventures. It’s indispensable.”

article thumbnail

5 Free Platforms Entrepreneurs Should Be Using To Manage And Streamline Their Business

YoungUpstarts

Waves suite of tools linclude Invoicing, Accounting, Payroll, Payments and more, plus Personal Finance Software, too. Scott pioneered many of the most utilized concepts in online media including opt-in data collection, email to postal data appending, affiliate marketing, web syndication, internet reality shows and internet pay per view.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Angelist Syndicates is Great For the Boston Startup Community

Rob Go

I continue to think that seed/angel investing is a pretty local endeavor, and even more so when one is hoping to lead rounds or be instrumental to catalyzing a financing or boosting the long-term prospects of a company. Which is why I’m pretty psyched about Angelist syndicates, especially in relation to the Boston startup community.

article thumbnail

Understanding Different Types of Angel Investors

View from Seed

Pros of taking their angel money include the feeder system to venture financing of the next round and the vast network of portfolio CEOs which can be tapped into for connections and help. Pros: Industry-insider who serves as a validator for the rest of the investment syndicate, extremely helpful advice and network connections.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. I also chose Garden Streets for the communities that I want to create through the company. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 144
article thumbnail

Avoiding the Common Pitfalls of Securing Capital: Innovative Financing Options for Today’s Startups

ReadWriteStart

These days, though, getting the financing for a startup doesn’t have to be the herculean task it once was. Unlike venture capitalists, though, angel inventors use their own money to finance a startup. hey are also often reserved for specific demographics (like women or minorities), or those that give back to a community.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. Another example is Correlation Ventures ($300M+ AUM), a VC firm which co-invests in financings with at least one other new outside VC. This evolves the VC from a server to a router.