article thumbnail

8 Challenges For Startups With A Neighborhood Focus

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 361
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. Thanks to Lorie Carson, Real People Finder ! #20- Both of these startups came to market with a social media platform focused on short, viral videos that were ideal for quickly sharing on social media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hyperlocal Has Great Potential And Real Challenges

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 210
article thumbnail

Transcript of Using Technology to Build Connections in the Real World

Duct Tape Marketing

I saw what Sally Hogshead did with Fascinate and what Gallup did, and Tom Rath with Strength Finder. Literally went viral. Tell us about that. Dan Schawbel: Yeah. I always wanted to do an assessment for my book. And I was very inspired by them. I’m like, “Huh. I’d love to do it someday.” I used to do campaign.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Use Technology to Create Real-World Connections

Duct Tape Marketing

I saw what Sally Hogshead did with Fascinate and what Gallup did, and Tom Rath with Strength Finder. Literally went viral. Tell us about that. Dan Schawbel: Yeah. I always wanted to do an assessment for my book. And I was very inspired by them. I’m like, “Huh. I’d love to do it someday.” I used to do campaign.

article thumbnail

How HTML5 Is Aiding in Cross-Platform Development

mashable.com

Mashable | The Social Media Guide Viral Topics Twitter YouTube Facebook iPhone Google Video About Mashable Company About Us Advertise Submit News Contact Us Announcements Resources Guidebooks Lists How To Trending Twitter List Directory Mashable Awards Subscriptions Partners W3 EDGE Rackspace Concentric Sky Dynect DNS Intridea Welcome to Mashable!