article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. Two of his latest articles talk about entrepreneurial density and venture capital. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. High-Tech Challengers to Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system. that cities such as San Francisco and New York have built.

Miami 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

article thumbnail

Private Equity and Social Media

David Teten

Alternative Assets ff Venture Capital Florida Presentations and Conferences Private Equity Social Media Venture Capital' What else do you think I should discuss? For more information visit the conference site. (I I previously published this at Forbes.).

article thumbnail

Disturbing

Austin Startup

Hurricane Irma had a major negative revenue impact on one whose fall book of business was mostly in Florida. There are a number of new early stage venture funds that I’m personally aware of in Atlanta; what if their timing is right and there’s real upside ahead? Might your company be the bell-ringer that makes one of them a big winner?

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

Launched and officially incorporated my new initiative called G220 Ventures with the aim of helping (a) students prepare for a career in Venture Capital and (b) entrepreneurs with fundraising and strategic partnerships to scale their innovation bring it to market. Thanks to Debjeet Gupta, G220 Ventures ! #13-

article thumbnail

How universities can keep alumni excited and connected

David Teten

I took this as a challenge, and brainstormed a list of ideas on how universities can do more to engage their alumni community. Build and manage active alumni online communities, not just a simple alumni database. For example, Harvard in Tech maintains a vibrant Slack community. World Economic Forum of Young Global Leaders.