article thumbnail

The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch

Both Sides of the Table

Magic spoke about how when he left basketball he wanted to bring businesses to African American communities that were lacking in basic services. But Troy’s message for Silicon Valley was clear, “You need to stop looking beyond the typical Mark Zuckerberg stereotype if you want to fund the big companies of tomorrow.”

article thumbnail

8 Tactics To Make You A Fearless Business Innovator

Startup Professionals Musings

Alex is a Silicon Valley veteran and Cisco executive, often referred to as the ‘innovation therapist,’ who details his knowledge of many real-world cases and specifics on how to keep up with change and win in the marketplace. If you don’t keep it top of mind today, then you are going to be left behind.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Global EIR and Silicon Valley Bank Funding Match

Feld Thoughts

Today Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) announced their support for Global EIR , a cause for which I care deeply. As you may know, over breakfast in 2015 Jeff Bussgang and I launched Global EIR with the hope of advancing the startup visa effort on a local and state level after it stalled in Congress.

article thumbnail

Leadership is More Than a Memo

Steve Blank

I just read Brotopia: Breaking Up the Boys’ Club of Silicon Valley. While Silicon Valley has grown to have global influence, in many ways the cultural leadership from the venture community has dramatically shrunk in the last decade. Yes, in the dim past of Silicon Valley the execs really wore suits.).

article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The Internet might be truly global then, but the world of startups still revolves much around Silicon Valley. The old continent often looks up to the Valley as a sort of Eldorado of IT. Silicon Valley is a hub. Silicon Valley is an unfair advantage for startups. A trader on Wall St.

article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

For aspiring entrepreneurs, it’s hard to resist the allure of Silicon Valley. The access to some of the world’s brightest minds in technology, the proximity to some of the industry’s most influential brands, and the vast networking opportunities in both start-up and investor communities is hard to ignore. While the U.S.

Canada 100
article thumbnail

Breyer Capital Austin?—?End of Year Update

Austin Startup

Old and new friends have reached out to welcome us to their community and share ideas about how we could play an impactful role in this remarkable city and state. Even in 2020, a difficult year by any measure, the Austin community has surpassed all of my expectations. Charles Holley, Joe Ogilvie, Ross Perot Jr.,

Austin 84