article thumbnail

Observations from my trip to India

Version One Ventures

I just returned from a weeklong trip to India, having spent a few days each in Delhi and Bangalore to meet with local entrepreneurs and investors. Noah Smith recently wrote about why everyone should get excited about India’s prospects. I had only a few connections in India before this trip.

India 88
article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

Venturing out into the startup world can be a big task for anyone, but women have to face a myriad of acceptance issues not just from society but also the business community. Saumya Bhatnagar is the CTO and Co-founder of InvolveSoft , a workplace community platform which helps employees volunteer in the community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Dangers of Poor Governance for Nonprofit Leaders

Board Effect

Service to the public and accountability go hand-in-hand, and that means good governance is paramount. What Are the Dangers of Poor Nonprofit Governance? On the whole, people living in communities fare a lot better when they feel secure. As a result, communities will be less supported overall.

article thumbnail

Modi and Ma

thebarefootvc

This past May, Modi was elected Prime Minister of India in a historic election. Today, he gave a speech to a crowd of 20,000 at Madision Square Garden, outlining steps he is taking to cut bureaucratic red tape and encourage the Indian diaspora to invest back into India. In 2030, India is expected to surpass China in population.

India 85
article thumbnail

How to Startup Your UK Business as a Non-resident

The Startup Magazine

For example, if you were a software engineer based in India, you are well within your rights to sell your services as an outsourced contractor to a UK company. However, as a citizen of India, you would not be allowed to become an employee of that company without first obtaining a work VISA. Well, it’s actually a very simple answer.

Startup 90
article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

However, this primarily applies to businesses within China and India, where these big firms reside, as they rarely invest in startups outside of those two countries. As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. the large government-linked corporations setting up their own venture arms (e.g.

Asia 132