article thumbnail

What Are The Hallmarks of a Successful Nonprofit?

Board Effect

So, what can a new nonprofit board do to increase its chances of connecting with its community, and how can an established organization develop the flexibility to change direction when needed? Our secure board management software streamlines operations, enhances governance practices, and enables confident decision-making.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Minimum Wage Boost in Silicon Valley Ups the Cinderella Factor

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Don’t we want the little school from Hickory, Indiana to win the state championship? I’d personally like to see Silicon Valley open its doors to immigrants from distant lands like Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama — even Hoosiers from Indiana. Sorry for the Hoosiers reference). Unemployment has dropped by about 2%.

article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. A combination of government incentives and high oil prices have made projects like this one feasible and profitable for the companies that build them.

Lean 80
article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. A combination of government incentives and high oil prices have made projects like this one feasible and profitable for the companies that build them.

Lean 52
article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. That’s the thing about someone who is a government systems wonk. Kathryn is exceedingly practical. New Yorkers are hard.

Campaign 144
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Firms Miss Out on Jobs Push A new federal program that lets states give companies financial incentives for hiring jobless people hasnt gained traction, illustrating the complications of government attempts to tackle unemployment.