article thumbnail

The Future of Government: Hayward & the Lean Startup

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, contributing editor of Lean Startup Co. It’s been exciting to watch the Lean Startup movement grow from a practice utilized in the tech world to one implemented in a wide variety of sectors ranging from enterprise to education, religious organizations, nonprofits, and government groups.

article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

I’ve long been an advocate of using Lean Startup principles to advance non-profits and philanthropic organizations, whose work is so urgently needed at this moment in history. In this blog post, I want to share the story of a lean pop-up organization called HelpKitchen. SF New Deal and Frontline Foods were early leaders.

Lean 128
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

The trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and the same class structure – experiential, hands-on– driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

These Five Principles Will Accelerate Innovation

Steve Blank

Pete is now CEO of BMNT, a company that delivers innovation solutions and processes for governments. I spent yesterday sifting through the most recent lessons learned and results from a series of accelerators BMNT is running for the intelligence community. Here are Pete’s 5 principles that will accelerate innovation.

Curation 344
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

And the trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and kept the same class structure – experiential, hands-on, driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”.

Oakland 301
article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

AI and Nonprofits: What Boards Need to Know

Board Effect

The Benefits of Generative AI for Nonprofits Nonprofit organizations and associations typically run on tight budgets and lean staff numbers. Elements of an AI Governance Framework An AI governance framework is essential to ensure responsible and ethical use of AI technologies by nonprofit organizations.