article thumbnail

My Water Pilgrimage:

Austin Startup

What spending 10 days in a remote village in Nepal has taught me about the role of technology in water sustainability and independence The Origin Story At an early age, my parents instilled in us a sense of empathy for the less fortunate and taught us to be mindful custodians of the world and its precious natural resources.

Nepal 48
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

Today, a jury selected by the Indian government picked a new symbol for the Indian rupee – to rival similar symbols for the US dollar ($), the euro (€), the UK pound (£) and the Japanese Yen (¥). Government has embraced crowdsourcing for public and private innovation. Anyone was eligible to compete.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

Today, a jury selected by the Indian government picked a new symbol for the Indian rupee – to rival similar symbols for the US dollar ($), the euro (€), the UK pound (£) and the Japanese Yen (¥). Government has embraced crowdsourcing for public and private innovation. Anyone was eligible to compete.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Firms Miss Out on Jobs Push A new federal program that lets states give companies financial incentives for hiring jobless people hasnt gained traction, illustrating the complications of government attempts to tackle unemployment.

article thumbnail

What Asia and Facebook’s Free Internet Project Have in Common?

Transformify

Nepal was in ruins and thousands were reported dead or missing. The donations have most probably been utilized and the tourists are reluctant to visit Nepal. According to Nepali government officials, it will cost over $6.6bn and at least five years to reconstruct and rebuild the country. Days before the earthquake in April 2015.

Asia 40