article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 1

Steve Blank

Most of her lessons were applicable to any government employee venturing out to the private sector. Today, I get to move our national security mission in emerging technologies farther and faster in ways that I could not in government. You have to do a lot of networking to create your list and build your network.

article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Most of her lessons were applicable to any government employee venturing out to the private sector. Before leaving government service one of my biggest challenges was to understand how my skill as a Case Officer would translate into a job in the commercial world. It provides governance and financial oversight to the company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Use Governance Technology to Protect Nonprofit Board Members Against Cyberattacks

Board Effect

Here’s how governance technology can help tackle this key risk area for your organization. Only 1 in 10 organizations trains its staff regularly on cybersecurity, 3 out of 4 do not monitor their networks and 4 out of 5 do not have any cybersecurity plan. The board needs to have a clear vision of who-does-what after a breach.

article thumbnail

How to Raise More Money for Your Nonprofit

The Startup Magazine

LinkedIn : The work networking platform is a good space for targeting professionals, executives, and businesses. Government Grants. Many nonprofits raise significant sums of money through government grants. Check opportunities with your provincial and federal government. Entertainment Events.

article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. The profound impact of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a centerpiece of the stewardship of these organizations; sustained and effective social response and problem solving requires diverse and inclusive governance.

Ireland 52
article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Through networking with other entrepreneurs, you should find one or more to visit that have relationships with this investor. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. If your investor is unknown, or peers offer no positive attributes, take it as a red flag.

article thumbnail

Power To The People – Creating Trust In Data With Collaborative Governance

YoungUpstarts

They must adopt a model of collaborative governance. The good news is that IT professionals have a blueprint from the companies that pioneered the use of the World Wide Web for collaborative data governance. Airbnb is another excellent example of collaborative governance in action. Just as Web 2.0