article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

Venturing out into the startup world can be a big task for anyone, but women have to face a myriad of acceptance issues not just from society but also the business community. I pitched to 86 investors before getting the green signal from only 5 of them. Responding to Social Expectation.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

ShareVolution As for the pitches today, first, Daniel McPherson from Australia pitched ShareVolution , an app store for the Microsoft SharePoint community. Anupam Rajey from Lucknow, India, presented Acelerar Technologies , an outsourced accounting services BPO project from India. Anupam has serious segmentation issues.

Spain 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

It turns out that in my Vision India 2020 book, I have a similar project called FDBI. Her market penetration plan is to start with India, and she wanted to know what kinds of options/connections we could provide. David is also struggling with the notion of his community taking the transactions offline. Photo by kipcurry.

India 116
article thumbnail

Nerdfighters Build a Community of Awesome

crowdSPRING Blog

One of the panels we went to was run by John & Hank Green, a.k.a. They are also the founders of the community known as Nerdfighters. The Green brothers started their video blogging in the early days of YouTube. The community came together in support of Esther, and helped build a foundation to support families facing cancer.

article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. Rickshaw drivers in India have cell phones as do camel drivers in the remote Rajasthan desert.

article thumbnail

Scaling Solutions to Climate Change — A review of John Doerr’s “Speed and Scale”?

Reid Hoffman

How do we achieve cooperation amongst a diverse range of governments, industries, and communities, all of whom have different and often competing interests? This is especially true in developing countries where “green premiums” – the higher cost of choosing, say, an electric car over one with a combustion engine – are substantial.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

At Kindred Bravely, we have two goals: creating maternity and nursing clothes that are beautiful, useful, and comfortable, and building a community of moms who support and encourage each other on the motherhood journey. And “aesthetic” was a word the theatre community used all the time – I honestly just loved how it sounded!

Naming 152