article thumbnail

Love And Giving Aren’t Green: Startups & Corporate Social Impact

YoungUpstarts

Once a year New York City is overcome at 5 p.m. In my former life, I worked at an investment bank, where at least one day a year we were required/allowed to donate a day to “Community Teamworks,” and participate in a charitable program. By Melissa Thompson, CEO of Talk Session. It becomes quite convoluted.

Green 159
article thumbnail

How Businesses Can Be Sustainable And Profitable

The Startup Magazine

Microgrids can provide energy for individual businesses or small communities. With all of the natural disasters occurring with greater frequency around the world, it is important that communities have microgrids that provide citizens and businesses greater control in their ability to keep the lights on when danger strikes. Microgrids.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introduction to the New York Fintech Community

David Teten

FinTech New York Accelerator. Rise New York (good mailing list) – includes the Barclays Accelerator , in partnership with Techstars , and a coworking space for fintech startups. Startupbootcamp Fintech New York. Green Visor Capital. Fintech New York: Partnerships, Platforms and Open Innovation.

article thumbnail

A Guide to Reputation Management: Build an Audience of Superfans

ConversionXL

Salesforce holds as its guiding value “to make sure Salesforce is a platform for change,” delivering on initiatives such as renewable energy, carbon-neutral cloud computing, and green building certification. Building a community. Another approach is to create your own captive audience by building an engaging Facebook community.

article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. There’s even covered outdoor seating if you feel like heading outside to work. Ignition Alley.

article thumbnail

3 Major Product Fails, And How To Avoid Their Mistakes

YoungUpstarts

Green ketchup, bottled water for pets, airport security “action figures”, yogurt shampoo – there have been some pretty epic product failures over the years. The startup community prides itself on supporting risk-taking and embracing failure. pound paperweight,” said the New York Times’ David Pogue in a technology review.

Product 199
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Sheryl Green.