article thumbnail

5 Green Start-Up Ideas for Entrepreneurs

The Startup Magazine

If you belong to the environmentally awake part of the society and you are done working for big corporations who are large polluters, then starting a small green business is the perfect option for you. The most traditional green options revolve around solar energy. Green cleaning. Source: Unsplash. Eco-friendly transportation.

Green 96
article thumbnail

Diversity Includes Disability

Austin Startup

Image Description: An artist installation of a super-large metallic wheelchair with black wheels and multi-colored spokes displayed in an open-air green, grass field with buildings shown in the background. Another good resource for engaging the disability community is published at Austin Startups ?—?right

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

To my European comrades : 5 reasons why you should consider Austin to start with the American Dream

Austin Startup

When I landed in Central Texas 11 months ago, I was far from expecting what I experienced in Austin so far. In Texas, and particularly in Austin where I live, I discovered a little heaven where life is as good as it gets. The Southern Oasis Another cliché I believed about Texas concerned the supposed aridity and flatness of the state.

Austin 48
article thumbnail

Green Franchise Taking The Industry A Notch Higher

Hearpreneur

Since we enhanced the product, adding 24/7 Service, automation, and Green Earth and a “we care” factor, we added Care Cleaners and the name is OXXO Care Cleaners. We care for our customer; health and of their families, our communities, our workers the environment. Tell us about your products and services. How do you help clients?

Green 74
article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

When we started our business 14 years ago, we were based out of South Texas near the Mexican border. Our company name at the time was South Texas Saltillo Connection. As we began to grow, we decided to move to central Texas near Austin. Photo Credit: Claudia Greene. Thanks to Claudia Greene, Mayhem Entertainment PR !

Naming 84
article thumbnail

Female Founders! Pitch for a Fast Track into Capital Factory with a $100,000 Investment

Austin Startup

Capital Factory’s Texas Fund , in partnership with Beam Angel Network , Seven Seven Six Fund , and Golden Seeds (Houston) , is excited to announce the next $100,000 Investment Challenge at our 4th Annual Women In Tech Summit. Any software, hardware, or CPG startup in Texas with a female founder or co-founder can apply to participate.

article thumbnail

RISE 2010 Registration Open

Austin Startup

The fourth annual Relationship and Information Series for Entrepreneurs (RISE) returns to Austin, Texas, March 1-5, 2010 with five full days of free sessions covering a wide range of topics of interest to aspiring, new and established entrepreneurs in all industries. RISE Funding Forum. RISE Fast Pitch Competition and the.