article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

The trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and the same class structure – experiential, hands-on– driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments In 2021

Hearpreneur

My team dedicated their time to creating a sense of community. Our membership network of thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs across hundreds of local chapters nationwide feel like they belong to an entire community now. 20, 2021 we opened our first flagship store in Waikiki, Hawaii. 12- Launching a new company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Thanksgiving Day

Steve Blank

Since our kids were little our Thanksgiving tradition was to head to Hawaii with friends and eat Thanksgiving dinner under the palm trees to the sound of the waves next to the warm ocean. ( So no post today on entrepreneurship, Secret History of Silicon Valley, Customer Development, Lean Startups, etc.

article thumbnail

What I Read On Spring Break

Feld Thoughts

Amy and I just spent a week off the grid in Hawaii with my partner Ryan, his wife Katherine, and their son. Last year on spring break we cancelled a trip to Hawaii (with the McIntyres) because of the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster in Japan.

Hawaii 119
article thumbnail

What I Learned from 500 Educators – Build Back Better Summit – Results

Steve Blank

With the theme “Build Back Better” Jerry Engel , Pete Newell , Steve Weinstein and I co-hosted nearly 500 Lean Educators from 63 countries and 235 universities online for a three-hour session to share what we’ve learned about educators on how we can help our communities rebound, adjust, and recover. — Background.

Lean 399
article thumbnail

Hacking 4 Recovery – Time to Take A Shot

Steve Blank

And so, Hacking for Recovery began, starting first at Stanford and next offered by University of Hawaii for the State of Hawaii. We could offer a 5-day version of the Lean LaunchPad / Hacking For Defense / National Science Foundation I-Corps class that’s trained tens of thousands of entrepreneurs. Here’s how it happened.

Hawaii 434
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards.