article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

After eight years in San Francisco, the Lean Startup Company's annual flagship conference is moving to downtown Las Vegas. From November 14 - 16, at the Zappos Campus, Lean Startup Conference 2018 will feature all-new workshops, speakers, and networking events covering all the latest Lean Startup insights and innovations.

article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. Lean Business: Office Space – A Meditation. Lean Business: Do Unto Others*. Promote remote. Photo: Charles Cook.

Lean 80
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. Lean vs. Mean – Small Business and Responsibility. Lean Business: The Very Model of a Modern Spreadsheet. Promote remote.

Lean 52
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. But while you are small and lean, take advantage of everyone skills; if someone on your team is a great writer, have them take charge of your press releases and marketing content.

article thumbnail

Remote Work, Not Taxes, Threatens Cities: Why That Threat has Peaked but Others Remain

This is going to be BIG.

It’s not like you can choose between a fully detached house in Manhattan versus one in Indiana. New York City should be leaning into that. When you live in NYC, you give up space—since housing is more expensive here per square foot than Wyoming or New Paltz. Plus, the types of spaces you can live in here are different.

article thumbnail

The bar is higher

This is going to be BIG.

You can outsource your development to India, the Ukraine, Buenas Aires, or even Indiana. That's right--Indiana. On to of that, connected communities of entrepreneurs are better at incubating and supporting startups now than ever before. Online communities provide lots of valuable information as well.

Indiana 107