article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. Luckily I didn’t have to – a friend ended up texting me and my business partner, suggesting the name Codal. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 143
article thumbnail

Rewards of a Diverse Nonprofit Board: Making a Commitment to LGBTQ and DEI

Board Effect

In addition to the people represented by the LGBTQ community, racial inequality has also proven to be a destructive force. From there, can you see evidence that diversity and inclusion extend to your staff, volunteers, board, vendors, suppliers, and partner organizations? As stated by Una Osili , Ph.D.,

Equity 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
article thumbnail

Indigan Storytellers Debut

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Another approach to using story is being pioneered by my KILN partner, Kate Hammer, Phd. The second reason is about the role of community formation in creativity and innovation. Culture is where creativity lives — and a rich arts culture is the prepared ground for jobs, corporate innovation, and stable communities.

Michigan 101
article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. We really believe in the thesis of the show is that if you have a strong, small business core that any community or town can thrive. Back to Podcast. Transcript. So, let’s talk about the town.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Software Engineer—PHP—Energy Software for the Smart Grid @ Agentis Energy (Elmhurst, IL) Sr. Software Engineer @ General Electric (Barrington, IL) Sr.

article thumbnail

Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder | Vinicius Vacanti

viniciusvacanti.com

Become a Key Member of the Tech Community The Hope: You’ll form friendships with potential technical co-founders and work on small projects together. You have good community building skills and quickly become other people’s friends. There’s no guarantee your future technical co-founder will be there.