article thumbnail

What Are The Hallmarks of a Successful Nonprofit?

Board Effect

Still relatively young compared to many well-known nonprofits, Crisis Text Line is an example of a successful nonprofit that saw a real need and used the available technology and resources to shape their solution. Demand for Digital Transformation Tolerance for out-of-date technology is running low for all audiences.

article thumbnail

GFi Working With Universities, Manufacturers, and Big Pharma

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Qualitative Research , Innovation Events, Training, Facilitation, and Writing: Facilitation : Marquette University is working with the Milwaukee community and Johnson Controls to innovate. Qualitative Research & Facilitation: GFi worked with Hiler Industries , a high value cast iron manufacturer based in LaPorte, Indiana.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 150
article thumbnail

How Robots Are Revolutionizing the Manufacturing Industry (and saving jobs!)

Women Entrepreneurs Can

Advancements in technology are changing the industry, and this is a great thing. Factories are beginning to implement AI technology being in factories brings with a robotic workforce that doesn’t just perform mechanical operations, but also works more intelligently alongside human workers. Local Factories Boom with Robotics.

article thumbnail

Welcoming Bobby Schnabel Back to CU Boulder

Feld Thoughts

I first met and worked with Bobby in the mid-2000s at the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), where he was a co-founder and on the board with me. While you may not know Bobby, this is a huge add for CU Boulder and the Boulder Startup Community. Bobby has a long history with CU Boulder. Welcome back, Bobby!

Indiana 73
article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

South Bend, Indiana went from Rust Belt to Tech Belt with EdTech in the Bend. Detroit has Technology in Motion (TIM). When Zappos approached Lean Startup Co. a little while back about hosting our conference in Downtown Las Vegas, we saw it as an opportunity to further expand our mission beyond Silicon Valley. Austin has SXSW.

article thumbnail

Baby Steps To Breakthrough In Regional Economic Development

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

It’s about the collective creativity of the whole community. My colleague in innovation consulting crime Bob Eckert identifies twelve factors , somewhat akin to the Boy Scout oath (leadership, resources, experimentation, talent, technology, focus, etc.) But it’s much more than an econ developer’s creativity.