article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Right near Microsoft’s campus in Seattle, Thinkspace is a cool coworking spot for startups.

article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

Many people don’t realize that the majority of the monetization of the Internet originated in Los Angeles but was perfected in Silicon Valley. The monetization engine of the Internet that powers the most profitable business perhaps in history was invented and perfected in Los Angeles and is what you now know as Google Ad Words.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

8 Challenges For Startups With A Neighborhood Focus

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 361
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

There was a lot of consumer internet activity again…resurgence of things, but it was still mysterious, venture capital was still kind of closed, 1st time entrepreneurs had a lot of questions that were unanswered, and there was still some sort of hand waiving around all the financing stuff and so we took it on….”. was starting.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

Paul, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks. Drivers are making up to $35/hour + choosing their own hours. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being an Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

On Wednesdays, I cut my call calendar short so I can pick up my daughter after school and dodge through Seattle traffic to get her to her riding lesson. Some people see internet marketing, especially SEO, a waste of money, but I want to change that perspective. Don’t forget to join our # IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

What coworking spaces can do for you, your company, and your community

The Next Web

Adam Benzion is the founder of Entirely —a Seattle startup focused on social innovation, keen on connecting more people in more places to create special things together. . Weekly events, meetups, and happy hours are business as usual in these communities and provide priceless networking opportunities. Benefit your local community.

Community 167