article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. “…it takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. ”. The Red Queen Alice in Wonderland.

Community 212
article thumbnail

3 Tips For Hiring Managers On How To Recruit Veterans

YoungUpstarts

A veteran might tell you that they ‘drove a truck in Iraq’. Founder of The Constantine Group Justin Constantine is an inspirational speaker and leadership consultant who serves as a liaison between the military and corporate communities. He received a Purple Heart for his service in Iraq.

Hiring 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who Will Champion Entrepreneurship?

Seeing Both Sides

In his Oval Office speech on Iraq , President Obama acknowledged his concerns about the economy and declared, “Our most urgent task is to restore our economy and put the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs back to work…We must unleash…innovation…and nurture the ideas the spring from our entrepreneurs.”. broadcast it.

article thumbnail

National Security Innovation just got a major boost in Washington

Steve Blank

That’s because Joe brings a wealth of real-world experience and leadership to the role. Putting theory into practice, he went to Iraq in 2008 as part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, in support of a Joint Special Operations Task Force. Joe Felter was just appointed Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for South and Southeast Asia.

article thumbnail

Herding Cats – Using Lean to Work Together

Steve Blank

When Colonel Peter Newell headed up the Army’s Rapid Equipping Force (REF) he used lean methods on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan to provide immediate technology solutions to urgent problems. This will arm you with the tools needed to get them (or their leadership) to agree on the right problem that needs to be solved first.

Lean 120
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Leaders They Look Up To

Hearpreneur

I recently learned about the career of General Keith Alexander, a four-star Army general that led DoD agencies during the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq when attempted cyber-attacks against the U.S. I appreciate the kind of dedication that takes and the unique leadership level to which General Alexander rose. were on the rise.

Romania 124
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 31: Congressmen Dan Lipinski and Seth Moulton

Steve Blank

Marine Corps veteran who served four tours in Iraq, including two tours as a platoon commander and two tours as a Special Assistant to Gen. As a former Marine, he has first-hand experience with the need to speed defense innovation efforts: I remember when my GPS mapping system in my Humvee broke down when I was over in Iraq.