article thumbnail

Giving Tuesday: Five Ways to Engage Your Board

Board Effect

The original two founders were soon joined by Cisco, Mashable, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), Sony, Aldo, Groupon, UNICEF, Google, Skype, Microsoft and Unilever, which became additional founding members. Mashable made the public announcement, and Giving Tuesday quickly went viral. New donors from community.

article thumbnail

[Review] Content Rules

YoungUpstarts

Part of the New Rules of Social Media edited by legendary David Meerman Scott , “ Content Rules “ teaches you how to create compelling online content that attracts customers, build communities, generates leads, and grows businesses. Surprise and entertainment helps drive viral sharing while building your company’s personality.

B2B 169
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

6 Ways to Recruit Talent for Startups

mashable.com

Pros: There’s no registration required, and the site maintains a sizable community of experienced coders who are up for side projects. Coders can create anonymous profiles and accept solicitations to work on projects or join a team. Entrepreneurs can browse coders by skill or location. 38 New Social Media Resources You May.

Coder 60
article thumbnail

11 Trends in Web Logo Design

mashable.com

Slab serif fonts — if they’re unique fonts — are still a viable alternative to been-there-done-that sans serifs in logos, and the web community still enjoys them. In fact, it’s more of an epoch than a traditional Gregorian year at this point. 38 New Social Media Resources You May. What will you find here?

Web 111
article thumbnail

11 Trends in Web Logo Design

mashable.com

Slab serif fonts — if they’re unique fonts — are still a viable alternative to been-there-done-that sans serifs in logos, and the web community still enjoys them. In fact, it’s more of an epoch than a traditional Gregorian year at this point. 38 New Social Media Resources You May. What will you find here?

Web 111
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 31: Congressmen Dan Lipinski and Seth Moulton

Steve Blank

Marine Corps veteran who served four tours in Iraq, including two tours as a platoon commander and two tours as a Special Assistant to Gen. As a former Marine, he has first-hand experience with the need to speed defense innovation efforts: I remember when my GPS mapping system in my Humvee broke down when I was over in Iraq.

article thumbnail

Unlocking Your Unfair Advantage: How Your Unique Story Powers Your Entrepreneurial Success

Duct Tape Marketing

I was born in Birmingham, which is the second biggest city in the uk, an automotive retail industry kind of community. (13:24): And then you can go further back and just say, listen, I was born in Baghdad, Iraq, and I came to the UK and London when I was three years old with my family to escape the war and all of that.