article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. We’ve gotten good feedback over the years about our business name, so apparently that strategy has worked. 1- Combined relevant keywords.

Naming 84
article thumbnail

50 Places You Can Learn to Code (for Free) Online

YoungUpstarts

University-level courses, tutorials, cheat sheets, and coding communities all offer excellent ways to pick up a new language, and maybe even a new job, too. Many big names in education including MIT and Stanford offer programming courses, absolutely free. University. You can even get certified and find a job through the site.

Ruby 237
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

250 Developers

This is going to be BIG.

The details of exactly how this was going to happen were a bit sketchy, but having a big hairy audacious goal galvanized the innovation community into achieving something spectacular. Plus, my fear is that there are barriers in those areas that may be difficult to scale—namely salary and lifestyle.

Developer 117
article thumbnail

Kopecky Family Band Named Top Live Act

The Entrepreneurial Mind

The key to their business model, which Gabe worked on in our program, is to build a strong, loyal following that has a sense of community with the band. I ran into Gabe yesterday at Bongo Java (my favorite local coffee shop). Paste Magazine named them as 18th on the 25 Best Live Acts of 2011.

Naming 58
article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 2

TechEmpower

Third place is held by plain Java Servlets running on Caucho''s Resin Servlet container. PHP with an ORM and Cake improved dramatically from last week''s test thanks to configuration changes recommended by the community. For now, we use the "stripped" name suffix. Java / JVM. Additional “stripped” tests.

Framework 559
article thumbnail

Best Of Both Worlds: Mixing HTML5 And Native Code

mobile.smashingmagazine.com

My standard technique for moving data from the JavaScript to native code is to invoke a native execution method with a command name and pass along data in the form of a JSON string containing the arguments associated with the command. Android Web views have the benefit of being able to expose an entire Java class to JavaScript.

article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

Netty , Vert.x , and Java servlets are fast, but we were surprised how much faster they are than Ruby , Django , and friends. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. Simulating production environments.

Framework 560