article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

For every programming language, there’s a community surrounding it, making certain languages better suited for certain industries. Java and.NET, for example, are more enterprise-focused, giving them a more professional and formal tone. Ruby is generally adopted by small companies, owing to its experimental and exploratory community.

article thumbnail

Choosing a Programming Language and Framework for Your Startup

SoCal CTO

Closely Aligned Functional Needs The most common reason that a language and platform is chosen is because there's an existing set of (often open source) functionality that you can tap into that aligns closely with your functional needs. For example, you may have content management and community needs that closely align with Drupal.

Framework 330
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks Round 10

TechEmpower

Compiled languages such as C, C++, Java, Scala, and Ur continue to dominate most tests, and Lua retains its unique position of standard-bearer for JIT languages by showing up within the top 10 on many test types. But we expect the other top contenders won''t leave this a settled matter. We''re delighted that 1M is already old news.

Framework 200
article thumbnail

Software Development Companies in Southern California

SoCal CTO

In a recent conversation with a fellow CTO, we lamented about the fact that while there's very active software development and web development going on in Southern California and West Los Angeles, yet there didn't seem to be as much of a community around it. Yes, there are some events around particular technologies.

article thumbnail

Why Neo4j Is the Most Popular Graph Database

Women Entrepreneurs Can

Neo4j is the most popular graph database tool for data analysis and can be used for various tasks, such as finding the shortest paths and detecting communities and recommenders. It has a flexible schema and can be extended with user-defined procedures and functions written in Java. It is open source and free to use!

article thumbnail

boldstart in 2017, enterprise tech in 2018

BeyondVC

We co-founded MState (fka hyperfab, read Coindesk article ) with Rob Bailey to help bring enterprise company building expertise and Fortune 500 connections to the blockchain community. AI is not a market, AI is embedded in every application: AI is not a market, it’s an enabling technology just like Java, wireless, and blockchain are.

Cloud 60
article thumbnail

Open Source and Big Data: Two Things I Love About LinkedIn.

Diego Basch

We are encouraged to spend one day each month learning, inspiring others, and sharing knowledge with the community. I’ve been at LinkedIn for four months now, and this day gives me the perfect excuse to write a post about two things I love about this place: open source code and big data.