article thumbnail

The Future of Government: Hayward & the Lean Startup

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, contributing editor of Lean Startup Co. It’s been exciting to watch the Lean Startup movement grow from a practice utilized in the tech world to one implemented in a wide variety of sectors ranging from enterprise to education, religious organizations, nonprofits, and government groups.

article thumbnail

We’re Programming Around Your Needs: Highlights of Lean Startup Week 2017

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, Program Chair of Lean Startup Co. For eight years, our flagship conference has focused on sharing stories and lessons of putting Lean Startup’s entrepreneurial methodology into practice. Lean Startup Week (Oct. 31 ( limited to the first 200 Gold Passholders.)

Lean 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

A full day of Lean Startup Workshops on December 4, 2012

Startup Lessons Learned

This post was co-written by Eric Ries and Sarah Milstein, co-hosts of The Lean Startup Conference. This year, for the first time, we've added a day of workshops and site visits to The Lean Startup Conference. The Lean Entrepreneur: Embrace the Unknown to Go Big with Patrick Vlaskovits and Brant Cooper.

Lean 154
article thumbnail

Lean Marketing Tips: Hyperlocal Marketing Channels

crowdSPRING Blog

The Lean Startup movement provides a wonderful template, and Ross wrote a great post in which he discussed how managers can use these principles in their own marketing campaigns. In other words, hyperlocal is a way for marketers to deliver an effective marketing message to customers in a particular local community. Outdoor and print.

Lean 98
article thumbnail

An interview with founder, author, and Lean Startup Conference 2018 speaker Aaron Dignan

Startup Lessons Learned

Aaron Dignan --who has described himself as "obsessed with organizational adaptivity" --is one of the speakers at this year’s Lean Startup Conference in Las Vegas , where he’ll be talking about How to Reinvent Your Organization. I feel like I do Lean Startup when I'm picking toothpaste. What are my assumptions? And guess what?

Lean 83
article thumbnail

The Lean Analytics Cycle: Metrics > Hypothesis > Experiment > Act

Occam's Razor

To win in business you need to follow this process: Metrics > Hypothesis > Experiment > Act. We are far too enamored with data collection and reporting the standard metrics we love because others love them because someone else said they were nice so many years ago. This should not be news to you. Online, offline or nonline.

Metrics 156