article thumbnail

Austin in San Francisco

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

” I vividly recall the moment when I connected on this level with Austin Gunter — our social media keymaster (are you the gatekeeper?), So when Austin said he wanted to move to San Francisco from eponymous Austin (Texas), supporting his move was a no-brainer. So welcome to San Francisco, Austin.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 14 Sites to Promote Your Startup

ReadWriteStart

You can run ads, post on social media, or even go old-school and hand out flyers. In New York, San Francisco, and the world over, investors are having lunches just talking about it. Most of all, they have a strong community of followers who are hungry for new information about apps, software, and new startups.

article thumbnail

Your Company Can Either Lead Sustainability Efforts Or Get Out Of The Way

YoungUpstarts

When Netflix began streaming media directly to customers in 2007, it changed the face of home entertainment. When Uber coordinated its first ride in San Francisco in 2010, it changed the transportation game. CEO Warner Baxter believes a company is only as strong as the community it serves.

article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. The Hatchery in San Francisco is a great place for startups to take root.

article thumbnail

“I’ll see in 2022 if I can turn The SF Minute into an actual business that’s somewhat sustainable”

Hunter Walker

The SF Minute is a San Francisco-based newsletter that highlights the top local stories of the day. I wanted to learn more about what was happening in San Francisco and (although we have some good publications here) I wasn’t satisfied with any particular product that brought the news together in a simple way.

article thumbnail

[Singapore] Location Based Marketing Association Launches Local Chapter

YoungUpstarts

According to a statement from LBMA , Singapore was chosen as its new Asia hub due to the country’s high smartphone penetration and rich cross-section of LBS players from retailers, agencies, advertisers and media buyers, to software and services providers and wireless companies.

Singapore 165