article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Requires ongoing management to keep community members engaged. . Organize events in your vertical.

article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Do research on investor visibility via Google and social media. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Another approach is to ask the investor for references, where their involvement has made a real difference, leading to success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. They help speed up the network by pushing the highly viewed and large media files to the “edge&# of the network (e.g. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat. 5mm in Series A : Accel and Andreessen Horowitz.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378
article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. – Network. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. – Network. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Entrepreneurs today expect more than just capital from their investors. They invest alongside financial VCs.