article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Steamchain

Austin Startup

The background, network and experience that our team has in the manufacturing sector. SteamChain is based in Milwaukee, Wisc. We love Milwaukee! We feel very fortunate for the support we received from the entire community. I can’t think of a community that has more enthusiasm for building great companies.

article thumbnail

Diverse Startups Can Receive Tech Mentorship And Thrive

ReadWriteStart

Money wasn’t an obstacle for the Chicago-based founder, but as a black woman in technology, networking in a new city might be. “We Fortunately, it was around the same time that Brooks connected with Kathryn Finney of Digital Undivided , a community outreach program with the mission of getting black women started in tech.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Paving the Path to a Purposeful Hustle

Duct Tape Marketing

She is an authority in building innovative opportunities within underserved communities, and she’s also the chief change agent and founder of Flying Elephant. Are you giving them the opportunity to go out and make the changes in your communities? I define my purpose as shifting power to marginalized communities.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Niche And Scaling Your Agency

Duct Tape Marketing

John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the duct tape marketing podcast is brought to you by the Salesman Podcast, hosted by Will Barron brought to you by the HubSpot podcast network. So, so we're a coaching training and community program for, or digital agencies to grow their business. Brent Weaver (16:28): Yeah. I appreciate that.

article thumbnail

Committing To Your Niche And Owning Your Market

Duct Tape Marketing

And, and I think that's, I think that's a key part of it, but there's no question once you find that, as you said, you know, you can a Facebook ad campaign for, you know, somebody in Milwaukee is probably gonna be just as good for somebody in Omaha. Recently, they did a show on the four day work week. I appreciate that. powered by.

article thumbnail

People are the whole game - Startups and angels: Along the way to.

Tim Keane

You are all the future of job growth, wealth creation and better communities. In brief, my own story involves a software company called RTMS in Milwaukee.   We paid millions in wages in two communities and saw hundreds of employees achieve their dreams of college for kids, second homes – whatever their dream was.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.