article thumbnail

How Philadelphia is Winning a Startup Renaissance

The Startup Magazine

Philadelphia gets called a lot of things. One thing this historic city doesn’t often get noticed for is its emerging Philadelphia startup scene. Philadelphia has two huge positives for startups tapping the local talent pool: a diverse metro population of more than six million and a host of area universities.

article thumbnail

"The Startup Way" is Headed to London

Startup Lessons Learned

From New York, Philadelphia, and Boston to Los Angeles and San Francisco, entrepreneurs came out to share their enthusiasm -- you really are everywhere. Don’t forget to tweet a photo of your book to see it on thestartupway.com Thank you, as always, for your support.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building the Helium Mesh Network in the Mid-Atlantic

Feld Thoughts

As you might have seen in an earlier post, Foundry Group is helping to bring the Helium Network to Boulder. I’m hopeful that some of the readers of this blog live in Baltimore, DC, or Philadelphia and are interested in participating in the Helium rollout. You can see more about the technology here. .

article thumbnail

Diverse Startups Can Receive Tech Mentorship And Thrive

ReadWriteStart

Money wasn’t an obstacle for the Chicago-based founder, but as a black woman in technology, networking in a new city might be. “We Fortunately, it was around the same time that Brooks connected with Kathryn Finney of Digital Undivided , a community outreach program with the mission of getting black women started in tech.

article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. This comes on the heals of Upfront managing director Mark Suster’s great post titled Embracing Your Community as a Strategy which I encourage you to read as it is magnificent.

article thumbnail

How do I find a developer to help me with my idea?

www.scottporad.com

Mike, a entrepreneur from Philadelphia, wrote to me with a brief summary of a new business idea he’s working on, and then posed three questions to me about finding a programmer to help him develop the idea. If I were in Mike’s shoes, I would start by talking to people in the Philadelphia Startup community.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Sharon Sanders, Philadelphia Weekly ! #6- 10- Serve black and brown communities Photo Credit: Amira Martin I started my business because when I needed a therapist, there weren't any that I felt I could relate to or who understood me culturally. Thanks to Sam Underwood, SEO Toolbelt ! #10- Thanks to Ben Blecha, Hero Braces !