article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Reaching out to new markets and opportunities requires skills, experience, and networks that are usually developed by those who have studied abroad. million and unemployment rate of just 3.4%, Rwanda is close to the top of the list. Most young people can’t afford to study abroad without government subsidies or scholarships.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

Counting On ‘Social Capital’: The New Way To Evaluate Entrepreneurial Worth

YoungUpstarts

For the last two years the company has been measuring and scoring the social capital of entrepreneurs in Kigali, Rwanda. By using it to measure the most important skills of a great entrepreneur, we can help more people prosper and add immeasurable value to their communities, their countries, and beyond.

Rwanda 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Here’s to You, Women in Business

Up and Running

If you’re an active part of your city or town’s community, you may have noticed a sudden spike in the number of activities and events relating to business and entrepreneurship. Are there any groups or organizations you can volunteer for or start within you community, aimed at helping women succeed? Start a Braintrust.

Iceland 138
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: GoTech Puts Out Fires

Austin Startup

Based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as well as Rwanda, GoTech is resolved to develop, design and implement solutions to help communities respond to fire. The idea is to create a network of devices, so communities can work together to snuff out a threat. GoTech is based in the DRC and Rwanda.

Rwanda 48
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

For example, Santa Clara had a community-spread case early in March. If something like that happens, you want to close everything, because it's a community spread. So it's the first time in my life that I pushed this to all my networks as hard as I could, and I was also very aggressive on the viral mechanics that I plugged into it.