article thumbnail

How to Find the Right Online Communities

David Teten

The user experience in the big, ungated social networks is getting steadily worse: spam, bots, fake news. One result: I think we’ll see people spending more and more time in gated online communities. Particularly in a time of social distancing, when people can’t meet one another in person. Community Findr.

article thumbnail

A Guide to Reputation Management: Build an Audience of Superfans

ConversionXL

This process helps you to build an audience by identifying opportunities to: Leverage relevant hashtags; Attend popular trade shows; Make appearances on or sponsor well-liked podcasts; Run social media ads against audiences who follow specific accounts; Team up with large publications (press releases, guest posts). Building a community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

As the former CEO of a professional expert network , I’m a firm believer in the value of speedy access to relevant experts. I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share.

New York 114
article thumbnail

Inaugural Investor Day @ FinTech Innovation Lab

David Teten

On Friday morning, I witnessed another volley of shots being fired from New York City at Palo Alto during FinTech Innovation Lab ‘s Inaugural Investor Day. The Lab is a collaboration between the New York City Investment Fund and Accenture, with support from the New York banking community.

article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Seattleites can enjoy this community-oriented coworking and shared office space.

article thumbnail

Making the NYC Community Smaller

This is going to be BIG.

When I was in college, at Fordham''s scenic Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, I deeply rooted into my community. Being intensely involved in community life there made the campus seem small and familiar. After I graduated in 2001, I remember it seeming impossible to feel the same way about living in New York City.

Community 110
article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

Henrik Werdelin , the Managing Partner of Prehype , a venture development firm based in New York City that has helped build companies like Tradable , Barkbox , FancyHands , Basno and Path , says recreating Twitter isn’t necessarily difficult, but the layered features will take time to get right. 1) Twitter.

Cost 168