article thumbnail

Understanding the Types of Social Media

Business Plan Blog

Social media is a great way to build awareness about your company as these sites allow community members to share their experiences with you and other members of the community. An explanation of the various types of social media sites is provided below. Your messages are sent to people interested in seeing your posts.

article thumbnail

Social Media Matching

SoCal CTO

People seem to be missing the really big picture of the value of social media and really the Internet for that matter. They look at how current social networking sites work and how online and offline relationships currently work and make the assumption that this represents the value proposition.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Trends That Will Shape Small Business in 2012

Duct Tape Marketing

Social networks evolve into markets. As social networks become more important in the lives of their users and the level of social behavior continues to evolve, they will become much more than outposts. Customer service goes community. Apps inside social networks provide answers.

article thumbnail

How and Why to Use Pinterest for Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Essentially, Pinterest is a social bookmarking site that focuses on images. Smart marketers are starting to wake up to the buzz and branding power of the growing Pinterest community. Having your products raved about and pinned by the community says a lot about your brand at the moment.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . I use Hootsuite to coordinate my social media activity, which consists of Teten.com, PEVCTech.com , Linkedin , AngelList , and (passively) Twitter and Facebook. I use Diigo , a social bookmarking tool, to keep a record of useful websites.

article thumbnail

Blogging Nostalgia and my 30 day Challenge

VC Cafe

It was a social network for the blogger community (later acquired by Yahoo in 2007), which when installed, showed where your visitors come from, what they read and where they go. Social bookmarking’ was a thing, and you wanted to get your links saved to Del.icio.us. Delicious social bookmarking.

article thumbnail

18 Cognitive Biases You Can Use for Conversion Optimization

ConversionXL

social sharing buttons, offer content for a tweet vs. an email, submitting content to social bookmarking sites, etc.). Find the influencers and media outlets that will help you extend your reach as much as possible via their sites and social networks. That’s why creating scarcity and social proof are so effective.