article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

It’s enough to see the rapid adoption of new social platforms from Signal in messaging to Clubhouse’s $1 billion valuation in less than a year. Read A16Z’s social strikes back series to get a feel of just how much movement is in this space. Snap and Tiktok fighting for users (source: eMarketer ). Immersive ar/vr/xr.

article thumbnail

The Power of Quora & Why Benchmark was Right to Pay Up

Both Sides of the Table

If you find the right community it’s a great way to learn, contribute and get to know other people with similar interest. Basically, it’s a topic community discussion board and that’s why people go to AVC.com every day. AVC: I’ve always loved Q&A websites and discussion boards.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Online social networking is a concept still being evangelized even in Silicon Valley… Friendster is in private beta (wasn’t until Oct 2003 they received Google acquisition offer which they turned down for Kleiner/Benchmark round). We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. .

article thumbnail

$43.2 Million That Can Help You

Growthink Blog

Get Satisfaction has developed a private label social network platform for businesses to use to communicate with their customers, and to help customers communicate with each other. It enables merchants to sell their products anywhere by syndicating goods to multiple marketplaces. Ixtens ( [link] ) raised $4.6

Azure 74
article thumbnail

From CRM to CXM: Walking the Customer Journey

Venture Chronicles

Social technologies that are widely available today enable, for the first time, customer experience innovation at large scale. Customer generated content in the form of community and forum posts, comments, Tweets, Facebook Wall posts, and much more is at it’s core earned media. This is customer experience gone wrong.

article thumbnail

Getting Back the Band Together for NextView’s Investment in BookBub

Genuine VC

In the intervening years while I pursued a career investing in startups rather than creating them, Josh continued as an entrepreneur starting a handful of companies including early social networking site Sconex, successfully sold to Alloy Media. Today BookBub is announcing its $3.8M Series A financing.

Cofounder 118
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. are using AngelMob.co