Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Fractional CTO Remove Programming
article thumbnail

Take 5 minutes to help other Austin entrepreneurs and vote in the SXSW Panel Picker!

Austin Startup

Being part of a community means lifting each other up and one easy way you can do that is with your mouse clicks… please take 5 minutes to go and vote for these other Austin entrepreneurs! If you are in the Austin startup community and have another panel to promote, please leave it in the comments below! Deadline to vote is August 30.

article thumbnail

Are You Putting Your Rock Star Customers To Work?

YoungUpstarts

If you can harness the knowledge, natural enthusiasm, and peer influence of your very best customers — I call them “Rock Star” customers — they’ll market, sell, and help develop breakthrough products for your firm better than your internal resources can do, and often at a fraction of the cost.

Customer 154
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Share this: net c# development django java language php software Were often asked by entrepreneurs which language their startups should adopt when developing their technology. These are Java (from Sun),NET (from Microsoft), and three Open Source options: PHP, Python and Ruby. Java stands alone from the four others.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Now let me clarify — NET is a dandy language. ” Don’t get me wrong: NET on your resume isn’t an instant showstopper. But it will definitely raise questions during the phone screen, for reasons that are best explained by simile: Programming with.NET is like cooking in a McDonalds kitchen.

Java 107
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 12, 2009 Why PHP won When I first learned to program on the web, Perl + CGI was the dominant platform. The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. But that just begs the question: why does PHP have the most thriving community?

PHP 166
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

So, I was really interested in programming, design development, but I didn't realize the kind of business aspect for a very, very long time. So, and then the second thing is like, occasionally, a lot of people would assume I'm a technical, like CTO of a company. I think it was considered the first community spread patient.