Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Flash Remove Forecast
article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

The same spreadsheet also predicted we’d see a music downloading service in 1999 or 2000. I plotted the growth in capacity of magnetic platter hard drives and flash drives back in 2006 or so, and saw that flash would overtake magnetic media in 2016. Step 2: Forecast the linear trend. Streaming video had finally made it.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

We can't make a 5-year plan or a 10-year forecast right now, but we know there are investments we can make today that will set ourselves up for success in the future. And why I say that is to see the medical community begetting to do rapid prototyping, to explore, bringing potential vaccines to test at the pace they're doing.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. Brian Chesky : I am Brian Chesky, co-founder, CEO, and head of community at Airbnb. Doesn't it feel like in a crisis suddenly the world flashes before your eyes and you see what is truly important? And of course, this is 2000.