Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Flash Remove New York
article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

The same spreadsheet also predicted we’d see a music downloading service in 1999 or 2000. I plotted the growth in capacity of magnetic platter hard drives and flash drives back in 2006 or so, and saw that flash would overtake magnetic media in 2016. Read Gotham: The History of New York City to 1898.)

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

44:25) Parallels between the pandemic and previous crises, and Carl's thoughts on some of the new norms that will arise. (45:28) I was the division president for the northeast division on 9/11, and all the stores in New York and New Jersey and, obviously, all the east coast stores for Circuit City were mine.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. Brian Chesky : I am Brian Chesky, co-founder, CEO, and head of community at Airbnb. I'm from New York, upstate New York. But you go to New York City and people just kind of. And of course, this is 2000.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Anna Nadler (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Anna lives and works in Staten Island, New York.

Flash 68
article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Anna Nadler (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Anna lives and works in Staten Island, New York.

Flash 68