Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove SEC Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

On Going Public: SPACs, Direct Listings, Public Offerings, and Access to Private Markets

Ben's Blog

Prior to joining Andreessen Horowitz, I held several executive positions in a publicly-traded software company and was previous to that an investment banker. Before offering some suggestions about how we might improve capital formation, I’d like to review the current state of the IPO market. 1999-2000 51.6% 1990-1998 13.3%

SEC 36
article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

I’m a huge fan of William and his writing as you can see from my review of his book Avogadro Corp. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to predict the future of information technology: looking at software or looking at hardware. The same spreadsheet also predicted we’d see a music downloading service in 1999 or 2000.

article thumbnail

Transcript And MP3 Of My $180,000 Website Flipping Presentation

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

I got out of the university in early 2000 and I never went on to a full-time job, so it’s always been an online business for me. To find that buyer, I pretty much contacted the people who were within my sphere of influence within the community of Magic – players, card store owners, people who traded cards. DOING DUE DILIGENCE.