Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Hiring
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Pawame Powers Africa

Austin Startup

A finalist in Payment and FinTech Technology category, Pawame is lighting up rural communities in Africa with clean, affordable and reliable solar home systems. Our CTO and Co-founder Majd Chaaya and colleague Hella Bennani are representing us there at the end of January. The founders?—?Alex I joined in March 2017.

Africa 48
article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

Successful women in the investment community need to be on the lookout for them and support them by funding, giving access to resources or simple advising. We, women, have a unique perspective on the needs of our families and communities and with proper support and guidance, can achieve thrive. To do so, they need support.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: My SideKick

Austin Startup

In 2016, I told my now husband that all I wanted as a wedding gift was to quit my job and work on Every Two Minutes. So, in October of 2016, I resigned from my job at an ad agency and have been working on Every Two Minutes full time ever since. Get to know them and work with them over a period of time before fully committing.

Startup 55
article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

In 2016 alone, 300+ “machine intelligence” (AI + ML) startups in Europe raised over €1.4 Venture Capital investments in AI, Europe 2016 (Source: Dealroom ). Anodot (2014) – a real-time analytics and automated anomaly detection system that discovers outliers in vast amounts of data. Billion in VC funding.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

If you don’t yet have a team yet, list the roles you need to hire for. If you don’t yet have a team yet, list the roles you need to hire for. Subscription Business Trends and Predictions for 2016. However, if you have the option of working and hiring remotely (not necessarily freelancing or outsourcing), do it.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

as a “17 Women to Watch in 2017,” by Entrepreneur Magazine as a 2016 “Woman to Watch,” and was selected to participate in the United Nations Foundation Global Accelerator. Carolyn was recognized by Inc. Women engineers make up only 14% of software engineers; she is dedicated to getting more women into the tech industry.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

So, and then the second thing is like, occasionally, a lot of people would assume I'm a technical, like CTO of a company. So I think one of those patients went to ER and then got tested by the CDC at a community hospital, and was considered one of them. I think it was considered the first community spread patient.