Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Product Development Remove Washington
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. But aggregated across many schools, there are thousands or tens of thousands of them. You can find the origins of many successful companies in these early lessons. Take a look and let me know what you think.

article thumbnail

Support the Startup Founders Visa with a tweet

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Saturday, September 19, 2009 Support the Startup Founders Visa with a tweet Its been an exhilarating first day here in Washington DC for the Geeks on a Plane tour. 2gov.org automatically routes your tweet (aggregating it with everyone else whos expressed a similar point of view) to the right legislator or agency.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

When I reviewed a recent product development book, it immediately shot up to Amazon sales rank 300. Make it easy to “pilot&# new work with a test community of actively engaged readers, and provide a mechanism for measuring the impact of these pilots. My blog has over 14000 subscribers, for example. Is that a lot?

article thumbnail

Another day, another high profile blogger

BeyondVC

He goes on to say: One reason I am participating in AlwaysOn Network’s blog is to hear from the tech community directly and to try to get beyond the traditional inside the Beltway Washington world where lobbyists filter the techies. Both Jonathan and Michael are launching blogs to stay close to their community.

article thumbnail

Business ecology and the four customer currencies

Startup Lessons Learned

In an ecosystem, each participant acts according to its own imperatives, but these selfish actions have an aggregate effect. And passionate players are often the backbone of game communities – especially online. We cultivated a passionate community that nurtured a skilled set of developers.

Customer 156