Remove AJAX Remove Community Remove Fractional CTO Remove Naming
article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Roberts talks of social networks as mediums that may very well help your product or name attract VC attention.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

Some of them are probably still cursing my name, because - lets face it - PHP can be pretty painful. The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. But that just begs the question: why does PHP have the most thriving community? As a language, its inelegant.

PHP 166
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Each document has a from-language, to-language, and a name. For example: in my translation site story, above, the first milestone might be just a plain ugly web page where a company can create an account, create a new project, then upload named documents into that project. The system counts how many words are in each document.