Remove America Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Fractional CTO
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I had always wanted to do consulting but was waiting until my son went off to college. After being laid-off (again), I started a sales consulting business helping tech start-ups build, grow, and coach their sales teams. I build social media platforms, help procure contracts, assist with infrastructure and more.

article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. My rough notes follow: Mike Dubno , CIO, Global Markets and Research Technology & Operations, Bank of America. Previously CTO, Goldman Sachs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder

www.metamorphblog.com

Doubtful we’d have access to such a rich employee pool any other way. Tiny, contracting market. You can call up America’s leading legal luminaries and get an hour of their time for free, every time. Hiren Co-Founder and CTO @ Point10Solutions.com [link] Hiren Panchasara Thanks for the post ! More questions?

Founder 51
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

SXSW Panel: Attracting VC Investment Outside of Silicon Valley Carolyn Rodz (@carolynrodz) | Twitter Holly Gibson Founder Austin Women Who Code Holly loves the Austin tech community and serves it as the Founder of the Women Who Code Austin, a network of 2800+ women in tech.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Or, rather, more offensively to Facebook and Google employees, less offensive to.NET developers, though the underlying message is the same.). Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. More comments at the end.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first. I do consult people, however I am not looking for work right now. Please keep going that way, because we are honestly impressed ! THANK YOU!!!

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

I think one of the things that we, who are, you have the privilege of being here, in America, in California, in Silicon Valley. So, and then the second thing is like, occasionally, a lot of people would assume I'm a technical, like CTO of a company. I think it was considered the first community spread patient.