Remove America Remove Community Remove Fractional CTO Remove Programming
article thumbnail

Startup America Partnership

Feld Thoughts

On Monday I was at the White House to help announce the Startup America Partnership. For an awesome description of Startup America, please read Aneesh Chopra’s (the United States CTO) post on TechCrunch titled Startup America: A Campaign To Celebrate, Inspire And Accelerate Entrepreneurship.

America 149
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I had always wanted to do consulting but was waiting until my son went off to college. After being laid-off (again), I started a sales consulting business helping tech start-ups build, grow, and coach their sales teams. As my skin became stronger, it looked even more fresh and beautiful than it was BEFORE I started my program!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

The new FinTech Innovation Lab , an annual program run by the New York City Investment Fund and Accenture, had their launch event on Thursday night. It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

He’s a former Dell exec that worked on their startup team with Ingrid Vandervelt, a Capital Factory mentor, and the co-founder of DivInc, Austin’s pre-accelerator program for diverse founders, which is hosted at Capital Factory.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But it will definitely raise questions during the phone screen, for reasons that are best explained by simile: Programming with.NET is like cooking in a McDonalds kitchen. Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small.

Java 107
article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Code for America Chooses 20 Developer. Craig is currently the CEO and founder of stealth-ish startup BetterWorks.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Ive always wondered how to go about outsourcing programming, as whilst I understand and have done programming successfully in the past - I absolutely hate it! Another way to do it is to teach yourself programming and build it yourself. I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Bless you, chile!